DOUBLE GLAZING / CONSERVATORY / FACIA & SOFFIT GUARANTEE
Aluminium, UPVC windows and door frames are guaranteed against failure in welded joints and distortment in accordance with system supplier’s recommendations for a period of no longer than 10 years from commencement date above.
Glass sealed units supplied by ourselves are guaranteed for a period of no longer than 5 years from commencement date above for the failure of hermetical seals (i.e. .. missing between panes).
This guarantee does not cover for breakage of glass after the installation is complete. Knockers, letter plates and door handles, etc. Due to general wear and tear are not covered by this guarantee.
All building work and labour of any description will be guaranteed for a period of 1 year from commencement date.
Locking mechanisms and hinges and all metallic moving parts are guaranteed for 1 year from commencement date above subject to regular maintenance by customer. Cosmetic deterioration to handles, above in respect of workmanship.
Conservatory roofing sheets of any description are not guaranteed against abnormal climate changes which which may cause the structure of the material used to breakdown in some way, also this guarantee does not cover against any penetration of insects, misting and mould growth between the chamber of sheets. Any internal and external trimmings are covered for 1 year from commencement date above under the normal climate conditions.
Any minor imperfections of UPVC or glass are subject to suppliers recommendations, detail of which is available upon request. Stained glass and lead work are not guaranteed against fading or discolouration.
UPVC products (.i.e. panels, facia, soffit, guttering & down pipes) used in any installations are the closest colour match available from our suppliers at the present time (i.e. it will not always be possible to have a perfect colour match). Door panels, facia, soffit, guttering & down pipes are guaranteed for a period of 1 year from commencement date above against leaking, warping, cracking, fading and twisting.
Advice should be sought before attempting to attach fixtures and fitting to or around products supplied.
All guarantees are given in good faith. However, if it is deemed after a visit from a company representative that our product has been misused, tampered or damaged in any way, etc. We will render this guarantee null and void, leaving any remedial work to be carried out at a pre-arranged fee, which shall be payable before any work commences.
Any failure of materials under the terms of this guarantee will be repaired or replaced at Windowfix UK sole discretion.
All goods remain the property of Windowfix UK until payment has been received in full.
This guarantee is transferable, please see below.
We do have to make some exclusions clear for what we do not cover. which includes the following:
Materials and Parts:
- Normal wear and tear.
- Accident, misuse or neglect.
- Using incorrect cleaning products such as bleach solvents or high pressure or steam cleaners.
- Windows and doors installed in exposed areas.
- Small imperfections in the UPVC frames that are not visible when viewed from 1 metre away.
- Scorching of the UPVC caused by reflected heat.
- Condensation forming on the outside of a pane.
- Small imperfections not visible when viewed from the inside of the room from 2 metres away in natural daylight and looking directly through the glass.
- Small imperfections that are not visible when viewed from 3 metres away from toughened and laminated glass.
- Imperfection in the 50 mm wide band around the edge of the glass, this area is not considered the normal viewing area.
- Mould growth on Georgian bars.
Transferring guarantee to new owner:
If you are considering passing on our guarantee to potential new owners, then following conditions apply:
- There is a cost of 5% of the contract value capped at a maximum of £1000.
- We reserve the right to inspect the installation before agreeing to transfer.